| hīˈātəs |
noun. a pause or gap in a sequence, series, or process: there was a brief hiatus in the war with France.
synonyms: intermission, interlude, respite, lull.
I realize I haven't exactly been burning it up with posts here lately, but it is about to get even slower. Over the next few weeks, I have:
- a sermon to prepare on Luke 14:1-11, Jesus and the Story of the Wedding Feast.
- a week of vacation to enjoy with my family.
- a study break, where I hope to work on my talk at this year's Desiring God National Conference, think through where I'd like to spend my time in writing over the fall season, as well as a couple of other projects.
- my oldest son to send off to college and his first season playing football at the NCAA level for the University of Northwestern Eagles.
- my wife's birthday and our 24th wedding anniversary to celebrate.
So all that means I will be taking a three-week hiatus from my website and all social media. I'd love your prayers for focus, fruitfulness, and refreshment.
Grace and Peace,